Host an International Student in Austin, Texas
“I have hosted a foreign exchange student in the past and it was a great adventure. My daughter is now in the 6th grade and I think the experience for her would be very gratifying. Nancy S. – CA…”
Exchange Students from all over the world are looking for a home stay in Austin!
International students are looking for home stays in Austin! Host families give them the educational opportunity of a lifetime.
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., Austin families are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students arrive year round in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
International agents search all over the world to bring students from 75 countries here to Texas to study abroad and live with American families.
International Students living in Austin:
- Have their own spending money for spending at the Capitol building, Zoo, Museums, etc.
- Have insurance through the program while they are here in the U.S.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18
- Receive a full medical testing prior to leaving their home
- Maintain good grades in their home country high school
- Are open to learning American customs and traditions through the home stay
Local agents will recruit only the best Texas families for our students.
- Come in all varieties and styles
- Are interested in world and global affairs
- Are receptive and loving
- Have a sense of pride sharing their culture with others
- Have a desire to learn more about other people and their culture
- Are looking to help promote peace and global understanding by cultural exchange
Any capable Austin resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents, etc. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo, or apartment you can host an international student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences in the Austin area, visit Groupon Austin.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year.
Let us help you find the student who will be a perfect fit for your family.