Host a Foreign Student in Ann-Arbor, Michigan
“We had a very good previous experience.” John B. – WA.
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Ann-Arbor!
If you ever wanted to see first hand where one of your donations goes, host a student and watch it in real time.
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., Ann-Arbor host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
Universal agents cover the world in 75+ countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students here to the USA to study abroad.
International Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money for activities, events and any incidentals they need to buy.
- Are medically insured by their own insurance through the program.
- Have an English proficiency rate of at least 70%.
- Are between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a medical test prior to leaving their country.
- Keep good grades in their home country high school.
Local reps look for the best families for our exchange students.
Ann-Arbor Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded and receptive.
- Are proud to share their culture.
- Have a desire to learn about other cultures.
- Would like to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Ann-Arbor resident can apply to be a host family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Ann-Arbor.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of students stay with Ann-Arbor Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Ann-Arbor family.