Host a Foreign Student in Oregon
“We had a very good previous experience. John B. – WA…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Oregon!
If you think education is the most important thing, here is your chance to back that up. Host an exchange student
In 2014, there were 106,712 high school exchange students in the U.S. and 2,329 lived with families in Oregon!
With over 100,000 exchange students arriving every year in the U.S., Oregon host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
International representatives travel the globe in 75 countries to bring the best students to America.
Foreign Students –
- Have their own money for the Zoo, Aquarium, Museum or for spending on the items they want at the mall or going to the movies, etc.
- Are medically insured through the program.
- Have an English proficiency rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school students aged 15-18.
- Receive a thorough medical exam before leaving their country.
- Keep good grades at their home country high school.
Local agents recruit the finest Oregon families for the exchange students.
A Host Family –
- Can come in all varieties.
- Is interested in global affairs.
- Is open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Is proud to share their culture.
- Has a desire to learn about other cultures.
- Is looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Oregon resident can submit an application to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Oregon.
Over 100,000 exchange students in college and high school come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Oregon Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Oregon family.