Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Iowa
“I have hosted a foreign exchange student in the past and it was a great adventure. My daughter is now in the 6th grade and I think the experience for her would be very gratifying.” Nancy S. – CA
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Iowa!
If you understand that changing one life can possibly change the world, you should be a Host Family.
There were 106,712 high school exchange students who lived with host families in the U.S in 2014 and 694 lived with host families in Iowa!
Iowa host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
International agents travel the world in over 75 countries to bring exchange students here to study abroad.
Iowa Students –
- Come with their own spending money for the Zoo, Iowa State Fair, Adventureland, etc.
- Come with their own medical insurance that is good anywhere in the world through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical test before leaving their country.
- Keep up average to good grades in their home country high school.
Our local agents are committed to finding the best families for the students.
Iowa Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, types and styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, loving and attentive.
- Are proud to share their culture with others.
- Are amenable to learning more about other cultures.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Iowa resident can apply to the program. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Iowa.
Over 100,000 college and high school aged foreign students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Iowa area families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Iowa family.
If you know someone in Iowa who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Iowa Host Families