Host a Foreign Student in Wisconsin
“We’ve done it before, and think it would be a good experience for our 7 yr. old grandson.” Rhonda B. – OH
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Wisconsin!
If you have a passion for global affairs & education, you must go through the experiences. Host a student.
In 2014, there was a total of 106,712 high school exchange students in the U.S. and 2,346 of those students lived with families in Wisconsin.
Wisconsin host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
International representatives scour the globe in 75+ countries to find the best students.
Wisconsin Exchange Students –
- Have their own spending money to buy the items they need while they’re here..
- Are insured with their own medical insurance through the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students ages 15-18.
- Receive a complete medical exam prior to leaving home.
- Keep up good grades in their home country high school.
Domestic reps look for the finest host families for our students.
Wisconsin Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive, attentive, amenable and loving.
- Are proud to share their American culture.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures and languages.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Wisconsin resident can be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Wisconsin.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Wisconsin Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Wisconsin family.