Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Illinois
“When I was in high school we hosted several exchange students. I enjoyed the cultural diversity and it has helped me in my current job.” – Jason W. GA
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Illinois!
Being a host family will do more for you than the exchange student. Want Proof?
Illinois families hosted 2,377 of the 106,712 international high school students who studied in the U.S. in 2014!
Illinois host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
Our representatives travel the world in 75 countries to bring the best students to study abroad.
Illinois Students –
- Come with their own spending money for going to Cubs, Bulls, Bears games or Zoos or Museums or other incidentals they may want or need.
- Come fully medically insured through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a comprehensive medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Keep average grades in their home country high school.
Local representatives are committed to finding the best families for the foreign students.
Illinois Families –
- Come in all varieties and types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with others.
- Want to learn more about other peoples.
- Hope to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Illinois resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be an individual, single parents, grandparents, empty nesters. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, events, and outings. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Illinois.
Over 100,000 students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Illinois Host Families. There is exchange student who will be a perfect fit for your family.
If you know someone in Illinois who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Illinois Host Families