Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Florida
“I’ve hosted before and now that my youngest is a senior in high school we want to host again.” Bernie W. – FL.
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Florida!
You can host a dream to reality by becoming a sponsor family for a student.
In 2014, Florida families hosted 7,027 of the 106,712 international students who studied in the U.S.
Florida host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
In 2014, the majority of exchange students in Florida came from:
Our international agents travel the globe in 75+ countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students to America to study abroad.
Florida Students –
- Come with their own spending money for Disney World, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center, etc.
- Are medically insured completely worldwide through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive full medical exams prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home country high school.
Local representatives find the best host families for our exchange students.
Florida Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles and types.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, loving and receptive to other individuals.
- Are proud to share their local heritage with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any mature, able Florida resident can apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting local experiences, visit Groupon Florida.
Over 100,000 high school and college aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Florida Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Florida family.