Host a Foreign Student in Oklahoma
“I’ve hosted before and now that my youngest is a senior in high school we want to host again.” Bernie W. – FL
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Oklahoma!
Host a foreign student just one time, and you will have the urge to do it over and over again.
In 2014 there were a total of 106,712 high school exchange students and 667 lived with Oklahoma host families!
Oklahoma host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
International representatives scour the globe in 75+ nations to bring the best students here to study abroad.
- Have their own spending money to use for buying things or for going to the Zoo or Museum or concerts, ball games, etc..
- Sre medically insured completely through the program.
- Have an English ability rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school students ages of 15-18.
- Receive a comprehensive medical test prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home high school.
Local agents recruit he best families for our exchange students.
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded and loving.
- Are proud to share their American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other languages.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any mature Oklahoma resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Oklahoma.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Let us help you find the student who will be a perfect fit for your family.