Host a Foreign Student in Texas
“I have done it before, and it was the one of the best things ever. I think it is a great cultural exchange and I love the friendships you can create.” Monica M. – TX
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Texas!
Just because you have retired from teaching does not mean you have to stop teaching. Host a student.
In 2014, there were 106,712 exchange students studying at U.S. high schools, 5,778 of these students lived with host families in Texas!
Texas host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
International representatives cross the world in 75 countries to find the best and brightest exchange students.
Texas Foreign Students –
- Have their own spending money for buying sports/movie/concert tickets, books, or any other items they want or need.
- Are insured medically via the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical exam before leaving their country.
- Keep up good grades in their home school.
Local representatives look for the best host families for our students.
Texas Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles and types.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local Texas culture with others.
- Want to learn more about other peoples.
- Want to promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any able Texas resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Texas.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Texas Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Texas family.