Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Michigan
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Michigan!
If you have never had a child, but still want to impact a young adult, you can still host an exchange student.
Michigan host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Slovakia and others.
Michigan Students –
- Come with their own spending money and can visit the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, the cities of Ann-Arbor, Detroit, and enjoy the beautiful Great Lakes Region
- Are fully insured medically while they are here in the U.S. through the program
- Have an English rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school aged between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a total medical test before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home.
Local representatives look for the best families to host our students.
Michigan Host Family –
- Can come in all styles and types.
- Is usually interested in global affairs.
- Will be open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Is proud to share their culture with others.
- Has a desire to learn more about other cultures and peoples.
- Is looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Michigan resident may apply to be a family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Michigan
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Michigan area Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Michigan family.