Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Maine
“I have hosted & represented in the past and am interested in getting back into hosting at this time.” Jackie R. – GA
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Maine!
Just because you have retired from teaching does not mean you have to stop teaching. Host a student.
There were 106,712 high school exchange students in the U.S. in 2014 and 1,764 lived with families in Maine!
Maine host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
Our international representatives scour the globe in 75 countries to bring the smartest students here to study abroad.
Maine Students –
- Come with their own spending money, Arcadia National Park, Casco Bay, etc.
- Are totally insured worldwide through the program while they are in the United States.
- Have an English skill rate of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a medical test before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home country.
Local agents will find the best host families for our exchange students.
Maine Families –
- Come in all styles.
- Are interested in worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Maine resident may submit an application to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Maine.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Maine Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Maine family.