Host a Foreign Student in West Virginia
“We hosted a student before and our son is very excited about the possibility of having another student live with us. Patti L. – TX…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in West Virginia!
When you open your home to a foreign exchange student your costs include food and love.
There were 106,712 high school exchange students in the U.S. in 2014 and 225 of those students lived with families in West Virginia!
West Virginia host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia, Czech Republic and others.
Our international representatives travel the globe in 75 countries to find the best and brightest exchange students.
West Virginia Students –
- Have their own spending money to buy any incidentals they want or need; sporting or concert tickets, books, etc.
- Are insured medically through the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students ages 15-18.
- Receive a full medical testing prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home school.
Local agents look for the finest West Virginia families for our students.
West Virginia Hosts –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local American culture with others.
- Want to learn more about other cultures.
- Hope to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any responsible West Virginia resident can be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon West Virginia.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with West Virginia Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your West Virginia family.