Host a Foreign Student in North Dakota
“My wife and I have hosted before and know the rewards of assisting a young person in obtaining the cultural experience and educational opportunities associated with such programs.” Joey A. – AL
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in North Dakota!
Become a host family to a foreign exchange student, you know the need.
In 2014, there were 106,712 high school exchange students in the U.S. and 116 lived with families in North Dakota!
North Dakota host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
Our international agents scour the globe in 75 countries looking for the brightest exchange students to study abroad.
North Dakota Exchange Students –
- Have their own spending money, Dakota Zoo, Fargo Air Museum or any personal items they need.
- Are totally covered by medical insurance through the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a medical test prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home country high school.
Domestic rep are committed to recruiting the finest host families for the students.
North Dakota Host Families –
- Come in all varieties, styles and types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive, attentive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any able North Dakota resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon North Dakota.
Over 100,000 exchange students of all ages come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of students stay with North Dakota Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your North Dakota family.