Host a Foreign Student in North Carolina
“My family hosted a foreign exchange student when I was in high school and I would like my children to have a similar experience.” Hannah F. – CA
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in North Carolina!
When you open your home to a foreign exchange student your costs include food and love.
North Carolina families! In 2014 you hosted 1,630 of the 106,712 high school exchange students in the U.S.
North Carolina host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
International agents travel the globe in 75 countries to bring the best students to study abroad.
North Carolina Students –
- Come with their own spending money for spending at the beach or zoo or for any incidentals they need such as shampoo, clothes, etc.
- Are fully insured worldwide throughout the program.
- Have an English ability of at least 70%.
- Are high school students age 15-18.
- Receive a thorough medical exam before leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades at home.
Local representatives only recruit the finest host families for the students.
North Carolina Hosts –
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in worldwide, global affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable North Carolina resident may apply to be a host family. Host families can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon North Carolina.
Over 100,000 exchange students of all ages come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with North Carolina Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your North Carolina family.