Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Kentucky
“I hosted during high school and enjoyed the new cultural experience. I also want to help someone have the opportunity to experience America.” Sarah W. – TX
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Kentucky!
Becoming a host family is a VERY simple process. The feelings it creates for you and your students is what makes it so powerful.
Host families in Kentucky hosted 638 of the 106,712 high school exchange students in 2014!
Kentucky host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
Representatives in 75 countries bring the best and brightest exchange students here to America to study abroad.
International Students –
- Come with have their own spending money for Churchill Downs, Louisville Zoo, Museums, etc.
- Are fully covered by insurance worldwide through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school ages of 15-18.
- Receive a total medical testing prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their high school.
Domestic representatives find the best families for our students.
Kentucky Families –
- Come in all styles.
- Are extremely interested in global affairs.
- Are open-minded and loving.
- Are proud to share the American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Kentucky resident can be a host family. Host families can be single persons, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Kentucky.
Over 100,000 high school and college foregin students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Kentucky Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Kentucky family.