Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Hawaii
“We had a foreign exchange student since last August and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Emma M. – CA…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Hawaii!
To be successful, you do not have to change the lives of many, just change the life of one foreign exchange student.
In 2014, there were 106,712 exchange students who came to the U.S. and 476 students lived with host families in Hawaii!
Hawaii host families are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy and others.
Our representatives cover the world in 75+ countries to bring the best students to study.
Hawaii International Students –
- Come with their own spending money for Maui, Waikiki, Honolulu, etc.
- Are fully insured medically through the program.
- Have an English skill level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home country high school.
Our local representatives commit themselves to getting the best host families.
Hawaii Host Families –
- Come in all varieties and styles.
- Are interested in worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, attentive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture.
- Are looking to learn more about other cultures and peoples.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any responsible Hawaii resident is welcome to apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Hawaii.
Over 100,000 college/high school aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Hawaii area families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Hawaii family.
If you know someone in Hawaii who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Hawaii Host Families