Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Delaware
“I hosted during high school and enjoyed the new cultural experience. I also want to help someone have the opportunty to experience America. Sarah W. – TX…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Delaware!
When you host a s student you realize that paying it forward is about impacting the lives of those around us.
106,712 international students came to the U.S. in 2014 and 321 lived with host families in Delaware!
Delaware host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
International representatives travel the globe in 75 countries to find the best and brightest exchange students here to study abroad.
Delaware Foreign Students –
- Bring their own spending money for the zoo, beaches, speedway, etc.
- Are medically insured fully worldwide through the program.
- Have an English ability level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a full medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Maintain good grades in their home country high school.
Local representatives recruit the finest Delaware host families for our exchange students.
Delaware Host Families –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in worldwide global affairs.
- Are receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Delaware resident can apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings and events. For great deals on experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Delaware.
Over 100,000 high school and college aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Delaware Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Delaware family.
If you know someone in Delaware who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to call or have them visit Delaware Host Families