Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Alaska
“We’ve done it before, and think it would be a good experience for our 7 yr. old grandson. Rhonda B. – OH…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Alaska!
In 2014, 106,712 exchange students arrived in the United States. 127 students lived with Alaska host families.
Alaska host families are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador and others.
Our agents travel the globe in 75 countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students here to the USA to study abroad.
Alaska Foreign Students –
- Have their own spending money for trips to Anchorage Museum, Mendenhall Glacier
- Speak English at 70% or better.
- Are mostly high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Are insured worldwide through the program.
- Maintain B and C grades in their home country high school.
Local reps look for the finest families for our exchange students.
Alaska Host Families –
- Come in all types.
- Are interested in world affairs.
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local culture.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples.
- Want to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any capable Alaska resident may apply to be a volunteer host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Looking for some weekend/day activities? Try one of these:
- 20 Awesome things to do in Alaska
- Kayaking and Canoeing Destinations
- Iconic Alaskan Food
- For great deals on activities, events, and experiences in Alaska, visit Groupon Alaska
Over 100,000 high school and college exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Dozens of those students stay with Alaska Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Alaska family.
If you know someone in Alaska who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Alaska Host Families