Host a Foreign Student in Massachusetts
“We hosted a student before and our son is very excited about the possibility of having another student live with us. Patti L. – TX…”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Massachusetts!
If you have a passion for volunteerism or philanthropy, then hosting an exchange student SHOULD be on your bucket list.
In 2014, there were 106,712 high school exchange students in the U.S. and 5,894 lived with families in Massachusetts!
Massachusetts host family homes are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as Brazil, South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Krygystan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
Looking for a short term summer hosting opportunity? We have partnered with Lets Boston! where families host a Spanish student for a month to show them what a New England summer is all about and help them expand their English language skills. Host a student today!
The majority of students who came to Massachusetts in 2014 to study in high school were from:
- South Korea
International representatives travel the globe in 75+ countries to bring the best and brightest exchange students to study abroad.
Massachusetts International Students –
- Come their own spending money, Fenway Park, Boston Common, Museum of Fine Arts, etc.
- Are medically insured through the program during their stay in America.
- Have an English level of at least 70%.
- Are high school students between the ages of 15-18.
- Receive a comprehensive medical test prior to leaving home.
- Maintain good grades in their local high school.
Domestic reps recruit the finest Massachusetts families for our students.
Massachusetts Hosts –
- Come in all styles.
- Are interested in global, worldwide affairs.
- Are open-minded, attentive and loving.
- Are proud to share their local American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other peoples and cultures.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any mature Massachusetts resident can apply to become a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Over 100,000 exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Massachusetts Host Families. Let us help you find an exchange student to host who will be a perfect fit for your Massachusetts family.
Click to get more information on Host Family