Host a Foreign Exchange Student in Connecticut
“We greatly enjoyed hosting a student! It was educational, enlightening, super fun, and life changing! We have made a forever friend!”
Exchange students from all over the world will arrive in Connecticut!
Host a foreign student just one time, and you will have the urge to do it over and over again.
There were 106,712 international students in the US in 2014, 3,597 students lived with families in Connecticut!
Connecticut host families are welcomed to become part of the exciting world of student exchange. Exchange students will be arriving in August from countries such as South Korea, Columbia, Thailand, Belgium, Mexico, Ecuador, France, Spain, Italy, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Slovakia and others.
Looking for a short term summer hosting opportunity? We have partnered with Lets Boston! where families host a Spanish student for a month to show them what a New England summer is all about and help them expand their English language skills. Host a student today!
International representatives travel the world in 75 countries to find the best students to study abroad.
Connecticut Exchange Students –
- Come with their own spending money for Mystic Seaport, art galleries, zoo, etc.
- Are medically insured worldwide through the program.
- Have an English skill rate of at least 70% or higher.
- Are high school students ages 15-18.
- Receive a complete medical exam prior to leaving their country.
- Keep up good grades in their home country high school.
Local reps find the finest Connecticut families for our students.
Connecticut Host Families –
- Come in all styles.
- Are interested in affairs throughout the world.
- Are open-minded, receptive and loving.
- Are proud to share the American culture with others.
- Have a desire to learn more about other cultures.
- Are looking to help promote peace through cultural exchange.
Any reliable Connecticut resident may apply to be a host family. A host family can be a single person, single parents, grandparents. Whether you live in a house, town home, condo or apartment you can host a foreign exchange student.
Host families are encouraged to include their exchange students in family activities, outings, and events. For great deals on interesting experiences for the whole family, visit Groupon Connecticut.
Over 100,000 high school and college aged exchange students come to the U.S. each year. Hundreds of those students stay with Connecticut Host Families. Let us help you find the perfect student to host who will be a perfect fit for your family.
If you know someone in Connecticut who might be interested in hosting an exchange student, please ask them to visit Connecticut Host Families
Click to get more information on Host Family